Israel
Local time: 15:15
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Aug 14, 2005

Hi,

{Trados Freelance 7 / Word 2003}

I came across this strange problem twice after updating a source-language TOC in a translated document (pre-Cleanup).

The Level-1 heading gets "squeezed" into the far left corner of the document (out of the print-view area), and is displayed vertically, like this (if hidden text is displayed, the Trados control characters, and the source text, also appear vertically):

I
t
e
m
s

O
v
e
r
v
i
e
w

Is this to do with Trados? Anyone has a clue regarding this? [The TOC creation was smooth and automatic.]

Thanks, Doron

[Edited at 2005-08-14 08:50]

[Edited at 2005-08-14 09:31]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:15
English to German
+ ...
Check the margin/tab/indentation settings of the style Aug 14, 2005

Hi Doron,
I have seen this behaviour in tables, where text is squeezed into a single-character display as a result of incompatible settings in the style used. Strictly speaking, this isn't a Trados-related problem - it's just that Trados applies the style used, and thus sometimes uncovers bad formatting in the source document.

Best regards,
Ralf

Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 15:15
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indentation Indeed Aug 14, 2005

Dear Ralf,

Indeed, the "indentation before text" parameter has somehow become 15.81".
Strangely enough, there was no problem in the source text's 1st-level heading definitions. The problem appeared only once a "matching" style was 'applied' by Trados to the Hebrew target text.

And it probably had nothing to do with the TOC.

Now my problem is how to get the corrected style (where indentation before text = 0") to apply to the post-Trados doc.
The 2nd-level heading suddenly do not correspond with the 1st-level ones...

Many thanks for your useful help, Doron

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Headings display "squeeze" problem

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search