Thread poster: Channa Montijn

Channa Montijn  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:27
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 15, 2005

I received a partly translated text in Tageditor and no TM.
When I try to clean the not completely translated text in a memory I created I get the message (-2147467259): Connection with server application error: file is not cleaned and Trados will not close anymore.
What I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Channa

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Re-register software? Aug 15, 2005

Hi Channa,
I can think of two possibilities:

- Communication problem between Trados software components - try (re-)registering the software (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5).

- Version difference - which TagEditor version was used to create the TTX file (to find out, open the TTX file with a text editor, and check the CreationToolVersion entry on the first line).

Best regards,
Ralf

Channa Montijn  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralf Aug 16, 2005

Indeed, there is a difference in versions (I use 6.5 and the ttx file is 2.01)...
Instead of cleaning the file, I just used the pretranslated text (open, close etc) to use it in the TM... a bit more work, but it worked.
Thanks for your input and have a lovely day

[Edited at 2005-08-16 12:22]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 and Tageditor: Connection with server application error:

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search