Thread poster: Vito Smolej

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 08:15
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Aug 18, 2005

How am I to convince Word to keep the original segment at the top of the page? Right now it just scrolls it away, positioning the empty target segment to the top.

So stupid - and I knew already how to make Word behave. Just don't remember anymore right now.

TiA

smo

Direct link Reply with quote

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Work in the "Normal" view Aug 18, 2005

Unless you really need the "Print Layout," working with Trados in Word's normal view is usually better - among others, the "feature" which you are referring to is eliminated (or rather does not bother you since the margins are not displayed).

Antonin

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
It depends on what happens Aug 18, 2005

If you have a segment on page end and after opening the source is on previous page, but the target goes to the new one, you could format the target paragraph and the separating paragraph between source and target so, that they will be kept with the following paragraph. Then you have them all on one page.
In case the target is splitted between pages, you will also need to format the target paragraph to keep the lines together. I have set this formats on keyboard shortcuts, as I use them very often when using Word in "normal" way (means without Trados). After closing the segment all this formatting is gone and the document behaves as before.

I do not like to switch to the normal view, as all graphics elements (and this includes TEXT BOXES!) are hidden.

Regards
Jeerzy

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution: dont use print layout Aug 18, 2005

antonin_1955 wrote:
Unless you really need the "Print Layout," working with Trados in Word's normal view is usually better ...
Antonin

Bingo!

Djekujem pekne... Btw, what Jerzy is saying about reasons for the Print layout is of course valid, but at least I know now how to switch.

Thanks to him as well!

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

word hides the original

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search