How soon can you download the upgrade after you buy it?
Thread poster: Nora Diaz

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:05
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2005

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive your license and download link after you buy the upgrade to Trados 7? I read in a thread here that in mid-July some people were experiencing long waits, is that still the case?

[Edited at 2005-08-23 05:52]

Direct link Reply with quote

kimjasper  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:05
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Usually up to 24 hours Aug 23, 2005

I bought the combined SDLX/Trados offer recently. After placing the order, I called their California offices. They said that you usually get the download site and license code within 24 hours, except over weekends. That was true - I got mine after 22 hours and the install happened without a glitch. Make sure you read all the instructions in the e-mails and on the web pages carefully though.
SDLX is available immediately after purchase.

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:05
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
The delay in July was only due to the initial release Aug 23, 2005

Hi Nora,

What you read about the delay in July (when most of us waited about a month for it) was an isolated situation. It was newly released then and there was a big rush for it. Things should be running normally again by now, so I expect it will take no longer than the 24 hours indicated.

Astrid

Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 23, 2005

That sounds reasonable.

Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got it, installed it, couldn't be happier Aug 24, 2005

I'm happy to report that after reading in this forum about the features I wanted to have but were not available in my version of Trados (6.0), I decided to upgrade to version 7. I placed my order online and downloaded the files within 24 hours.

I'm in the middle of a project, so I was worried that the learning curve for the new version would be too steep, but like someone in the forum mentioned (sorry I can't remember who it was), it didn't take more than an hour to get everything up and running and I was able to pick up right where I'd left off with my project, with the benefit of the new features, which have certainly made the upgrade worth it for me and are making my work much easier.

Nora

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How soon can you download the upgrade after you buy it?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search