Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:56
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 24, 2005

I'm working on a Powerpoint file with TagEditor 7 and have encountered the following problem:

When traying to expand a segment, TagEditor inserts a tag (br) at the end of the source text instead. The segment I'm trying to expand is within an autoshape.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks in advance,

Nora

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 00:56
German
+ ...
Expand again Aug 25, 2005

Have you tried expanding again? You can repeat this as often as necessary. Just press Ctrl-Alt-PgDn repeatedly.

HTH,
Benjamin

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:56
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No use Aug 25, 2005

I have tried expanding again, to no avail. I found what could be explanation in the TagEditor help file, it says that a segment cannot be expanded beyond a paragraph mark.

The text I was trying to expand was two lines within a text box, which were actually separated by a hard line break (paragraph mark), so that might have been it. I ended up changing this text manually in the finished file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor inserts tag when "expand segment" command is used

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »