Mariflor Salas  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 15:48
English to Spanish
Aug 24, 2005

Hi everybody,

Having a very strange problem here.

Vital info: Trados 5.5, Word 2000, Windows XP

Until yesterday I worked in Trados as I usually do. Didn't change anything in my computer, did not do ANY change whatsoever of anything. Went to bed when I was done for the night, etc. Today, I opened a completely new Word file that needed to translate, and got this message "No translation unit seems to be open," which I know it happens some times when the text is corrupt, etc.

I copied and pasted the text in a new file. Nothing. I closed it, shut down the computer, turned it on again, turned on Trados and Word again. Nothing. I closed the TM and opened a another TM. Nothing. I opened another file (an old file). Nothing. I tried to open Trados with ANY file in my computer. Nothing. The whole time, all I get is this message: "No translation unit seems to be open!"

Basically, I can't make Trados open anything in any file I have tried, with any TM that I have.

I'm about to go crazy here because, as I said, I have done nothing new here. This came really out of the blue.

Can anybody here tell me what can possibly be going on?

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:48
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Moving it... Aug 24, 2005

..to Trados Support forum.

Magda

Venezuela
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
With red face... Aug 24, 2005

I have to tell you that I solved the problem!

The "Open/Get" symbol was hidden for whatever strange reason, and I was clicking on the one next to it ("Get translation"). Why was the other hiding, that's anyone's guess, but that's what the problem was.

Thanks anyway!

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 21:48
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Reinstall Aug 24, 2005

Hello.

maybe some problems with the registry.
Try to reinstall Trados.

Hans

Venezuela
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I had done that one too... Aug 24, 2005

DSC wrote:

Hello.

maybe some problems with the registry.
Try to reinstall Trados.

Hans

Thanks so much, Hans. As you probably saw I already found the problem, thank God. So you know, I did reinstall Trados before I realized what was going on!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No translation unit seems to be open

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search