Mariflor Salas  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 18:27
English to Spanish
Aug 24, 2005

Hi everybody,

Having a very strange problem here.

Vital info: Trados 5.5, Word 2000, Windows XP

Until yesterday I worked in Trados as I usually do. Didn't change anything in my computer, did not do ANY change whatsoever of anything. Went to bed when I was done for the night, etc. Today, I opened a completely new Word file that needed to translate, and got this message "No translation unit seems to be open," which I know it happens some times when the text is corrupt, etc.

I copied and pasted the text in a new file. Nothing. I closed it, shut down the computer, turned it on again, turned on Trados and Word again. Nothing. I closed the TM and opened a another TM. Nothing. I opened another file (an old file). Nothing. I tried to open Trados with ANY file in my computer. Nothing. The whole time, all I get is this message: "No translation unit seems to be open!"

Basically, I can't make Trados open anything in any file I have tried, with any TM that I have.

I'm about to go crazy here because, as I said, I have done nothing new here. This came really out of the blue.

Can anybody here tell me what can possibly be going on?

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:27
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Moving it... Aug 24, 2005

..to Trados Support forum.

Magda

Venezuela
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
With red face... Aug 24, 2005

I have to tell you that I solved the problem!

The "Open/Get" symbol was hidden for whatever strange reason, and I was clicking on the one next to it ("Get translation"). Why was the other hiding, that's anyone's guess, but that's what the problem was.

Thanks anyway!

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 23:27
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Reinstall Aug 24, 2005

Hello.

maybe some problems with the registry.
Try to reinstall Trados.

Hans

Venezuela
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I had done that one too... Aug 24, 2005

DSC wrote:

Hello.

maybe some problems with the registry.
Try to reinstall Trados.

Hans

Thanks so much, Hans. As you probably saw I already found the problem, thank God. So you know, I did reinstall Trados before I realized what was going on!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No translation unit seems to be open

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search