Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:24
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 25, 2005

What does the message "cannot start more transactions on this session" mean? I've seen it appear out of the blue both in TagEditor and Workbench. In TagEditor, closing the open TU and saving the file seems to correct the problem, while in Workbench (while working in Word) Set/Close apparently allows me to keep working.

I've tried researching this problem but have found no references whatsoever anywhere.

Nora

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:24
English to German
+ ...
Sounds like a .NET issue Aug 25, 2005

Hi Nora,
There are references to this error message, both related to the Microsoft .NET Framework and to SQL Server.

One thing you could try is to reinstall .NET; however, I would suggest to contact Trados Support first.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7: "Cannot start more transactions on this session"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »