https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/36349-tageditor_655439_fl%3A_html4ini_do_not_match.html

TagEditor 6.5.5.439 FL: HTML4.ini do not match
Thread poster: Ignacio Alvarez
Ignacio Alvarez
Ignacio Alvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
Sep 2, 2005

When opening a .ttx file, the following message comes up:

"The DTD settings file (descriptive name: "Default HTML Settings") for this docuemtn could not be found. Last time this document was saved the settings file was: C:\...\T5_FL\TT\Html4.ini Would you like to to locate it now and add it to the existing DTD setting files list?"

I press Yes and then select the HTML4.ini that I have under T65_FL. Then, another message:

"The name of the settings used in the
... See more
When opening a .ttx file, the following message comes up:

"The DTD settings file (descriptive name: "Default HTML Settings") for this docuemtn could not be found. Last time this document was saved the settings file was: C:\...\T5_FL\TT\Html4.ini Would you like to to locate it now and add it to the existing DTD setting files list?"

I press Yes and then select the HTML4.ini that I have under T65_FL. Then, another message:

"The name of the settings used in the document and the currently selected DTD settings file do not match. Would you like to use this settings file anyway?"

I press Yes again. Another one pops up:

"The open translation memory has different languages than the document. Interaction with Translator's Workbench will be disabled until a matching translation memory is opened."

The problems is that the TM has the adecuate language pair.

At this point, I can edit the files' content using only the Open and Close buttons of the TagEditorr interface (so no modification will be stored in the TM) and no open segments are shown in TW.

Do I need the same Html4.ini with which the translation was initially made?
Is it a problem of incompatibility Trados 5.5-Trados 6.5?
Is it only a common practice of agencies which submit work for proofreading and do not want their TMs modified?
Thanks in advance
Collapse

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:58
English to Polish
HTML4.ini Sep 2, 2005

Ignacio Alvarez Bonilla wrote:

Do I need the same Html4.ini with which the translation was initially made?
Is it a problem of incompatibility Trados 5.5-Trados 6.5?

You can safely use the Trados 6.5 HTML4.ini file. The problem is in the descriptive name of these .ini settings - they differ between Trados 5.5 and 6.5. A little, but this is enough for TagEditor to see them as different ones.

To check the language defined in the TTX file you can open the TTX file in any text editor (TextPad, UltraEdit, even Notepad). Possibly there is a difference in sublanguage.

HTH,
Wojtek

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 6.5.5.439 FL: HTML4.ini do not match

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »