Thread poster: Karelle Martinez

Karelle Martinez  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 22:05
English to French
+ ...
Sep 28, 2005

Hi
I have a word file with an automatic summary (i'm not sure it is the correct name for that) and i would like to know how to translate it with Trados 6.5.
Thank you
Karelle

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:05
English to German
+ ...
Are you referring to the table of contents? Sep 28, 2005

Hi Karelle,
Are you referring to a table of contents? If yes, don't touch it - a ToC created using the corresponding Word function does not include translatable text: essentially, it's a list of links to specific parts of the text formatted as headings.

The ToC is updated after cleanup (note that unless you have the document template used to create the document - and hence the ToC - on your computer, this may lead to problems).

Additional information is available on the Trados KB (article 840).

HTH, Ralf

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:05
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Clic on the mouse Right button... Sep 28, 2005

Hi

Don't touch the ToC. After translating and cleaning the whole file, place the cursor over the ToC and press the mouse right button. Next clic on "update fields" (update the whole table). That's all!

Regards

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating the automatic summary with Trados 6.5 in a word file

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search