How to customize Word spellchecking in Tag Editor?
Thread poster: Antoní­n Otáhal

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 10:01
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Sep 29, 2005

When working on a project, there are usually quite a few terms, etc., I want to skip at spell-cheking but to not want to add to my general spell-check dictionary.

"Ignore All" is unfortunately reset when I have to reopen the file; and it cannot be shared between files.

So, can I set to which dictionary I add with "Add" button of the spell-checker? If yes, how?

Antonin

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:01
English to French
In Word Sep 29, 2005

I am not sure, but I think if you press add in tagEditor, the word goes to the default custom dictionary set in Word (Options>Grammer and spelling>custom dictionaries). There you can create a custom dictionary dedicated to TagEditor and set it as the default before TagEditing. You probably can uncheck it in Word when you finish TagEditing.
It may be worth a try.
As regards spellchecking, I was much happier with the built-in spellchecker there was in 5.5. With 6.5, there is no choice. Word often crashes when I close it (there is a tmpspellcheck.dot loading in Word when you open TagEditor) or I have to CtrlAltSuppr to terminate Winword and reopen it to work in it. I don't know if it is my Word configuration, but I didn't have these annoyances with WinterTree... and you could add words in a file separate from Word.

Have fun,
Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to customize Word spellchecking in Tag Editor?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search