How to customize Word spellchecking in Tag Editor?
Thread poster: Antoní­n Otáhal

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 15:52
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Sep 29, 2005

When working on a project, there are usually quite a few terms, etc., I want to skip at spell-cheking but to not want to add to my general spell-check dictionary.

"Ignore All" is unfortunately reset when I have to reopen the file; and it cannot be shared between files.

So, can I set to which dictionary I add with "Add" button of the spell-checker? If yes, how?

Antonin

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:52
English to French
In Word Sep 29, 2005

I am not sure, but I think if you press add in tagEditor, the word goes to the default custom dictionary set in Word (Options>Grammer and spelling>custom dictionaries). There you can create a custom dictionary dedicated to TagEditor and set it as the default before TagEditing. You probably can uncheck it in Word when you finish TagEditing.
It may be worth a try.
As regards spellchecking, I was much happier with the built-in spellchecker there was in 5.5. With 6.5, there is no choice. Word often crashes when I close it (there is a tmpspellcheck.dot loading in Word when you open TagEditor) or I have to CtrlAltSuppr to terminate Winword and reopen it to work in it. I don't know if it is my Word configuration, but I didn't have these annoyances with WinterTree... and you could add words in a file separate from Word.

Have fun,
Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to customize Word spellchecking in Tag Editor?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search