TGB: No reply from Trados after payment (+24 hours)
Thread poster: Clarisa Moraña

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:09
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 29, 2005

Hi

I would like to know if someone who bought the Workbench upgrade throught TGB has received the payment confirmation from Trados after payment with credit card.

My problem is that I made the payment via Trados website using my credit card. Afterwards, I received the following reply from Trados (in fact, SDL):

If necessary a member of the SDL Desktop Products Sales Team will be in
contact with you to discuss payment.

Once your payment has cleared you will be notified by email. This will
also include information about your licenses.

The fact is that I have not received yet the notification that my payment has been cleared. I've phoned to the offices of my credit card, where they confirmed that the payment has been authorized. I hope this is true. I have not received either any email stating that there have been problems with the payment.

What worries me a lot is that when I visit "My Account" area, at SDL website, the Webpage says that no dongle has been licensed to me. The real thing is that I've entered my dongle ID when requested during the online payment process. And that I've a dongle since I bought Trados 3.?? many years ago.

So, I'm afraid that I'm the unlucky payer of a product that supposedly has not been licensed to me (yet). Until now, I'm not the lucky owner of Trados 7 upgrade. But trust me, my credit card will charge me the payed amount (and the date of the payment was 28th September 2005).

Regards,

Clarisa

Direct link Reply with quote

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:09
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Do not worry Sep 29, 2005

It does take time and although Trados now belongs to SDL, customer support and purchases are still at the same turtle speed as always. Just relax and wait, nothing much you can do there anyhow. They work at their own pace. I had the same problem and was boiling like a kettle when nobody got back to me within the first hour of payment, then first day, then second day. I got there eventually.

Cheer up!
Burrell

Patricia Torres  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 19:09
English to Spanish
Contact them about dongle Sep 29, 2005

Hi there,

Clarissa, I participated in that group purchase and payed yesterday. I just checked my order at SDL's site and found a message, "Your Order Status: Order completed." But they also said in an email, "Once your payment has cleared you will be notified by email. This will also include information about your licenses." So I'm waiting for more information about licence and how to download the upgrade.

So, it takes time, true, but I think you should contact them about the dongle issue...

Saludos desde Caracas!

Patricia

Argentina
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 29, 2005

You've confirmed that the order takes some time... Now I'm not that nervous...

Regards,

Clarisa

Argentina
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It arrived! Sep 29, 2005

The Trados confirmation arrived a couple of hours ago! Now I'm downloading the files! Thank you all for the support!

Regards

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TGB: No reply from Trados after payment (+24 hours)

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search