Thread poster: Laurent Slowack
Laurent Slowack
Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:27
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 30, 2005

Can anybody tell to a newbie in Trados 7 whether it is possible to maintain these three windows available at the same time on the screen? It is a nuisance to have to open them each time going back from the TagEditor window.
Windows XP -

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 01:27
English to Danish
Minimize your TagEditor window Sep 30, 2005

If you customize your TagEditor window (either by minimizing it by using the button for this or using the mouse to drag the borders), you will be able to see the TWB and (I guess) the Concordance window at the same time.

This is how I do it, because - you're quite right - it's VERY annoying not being able to see the other windows.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about my first reply - I suggested usin
... See more
If you customize your TagEditor window (either by minimizing it by using the button for this or using the mouse to drag the borders), you will be able to see the TWB and (I guess) the Concordance window at the same time.

This is how I do it, because - you're quite right - it's VERY annoying not being able to see the other windows.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about my first reply - I suggested using the wrong button.

[Edited at 2005-09-30 18:50]

And now I'm not at all sure what this button is actually called in English, but the one I'm talking about is the one in the upper right hand corner showing two squares behind each other (when TagEditor is in full screen).

I hope this has not been too confusing.

[Edited at 2005-09-30 18:53]
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados layout Sep 30, 2005

It is possible. Simply resize the windows and move them so that they don't overlap. This is my layout on a 17" LCD:

Workbench is on top, TagEditor (or MS Word) below on the left, Concordance on the right.

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:27
Swedish to English
+ ...
Two (or three) screens Oct 1, 2005

A better solution is to have more than one screen on your PC. This enables you to keep several windows open - your text, Workbench, the concordance, your electronic dictionaries, a browser or two etc. Not cheap, you need to buy a special graphics card, but well worth it for the boost to your productivity.

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
No special card required Oct 2, 2005

Not cheap, you need to buy a special graphics card, but well worth it for the boost to your productivity.

It's not that expensive. All new graphic cards should be able to support "dual-head" at no extra cost.

Wojtek

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor, Workbench and Concordance in one screen

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »