Thread poster: Sylvain Leray

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:17
Member (2003)
German to French
Oct 2, 2005

Hi all,

Trados 7.0.0.615/Word XP

I am familiar with the translation of footnotes with Trados and Word but encounter a new problem right now. Just after the footnote opened in a new Word window, I got a Visual Basic error message. The only thing I could do was to click OK.

When I then translated the FN and typed Alt + + to return to the main window, the sub-segment only closed and I can not return to the main Word window. I don't want to close the FN window manually, because I know it's a bad idea, but now I'm stuck with my 2 windows openedn and can not do anything. If I close the FN window, I won't have any Trados toolbar anymore in the main window and will have to edit my registry... so what to do ?

Any hint much appreciated... deadline tomorrow

Sylvain

Direct link Reply with quote

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:17
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
A solution Oct 2, 2005

Well, for info, I found a temporary solution by "playing around" with the last option described here : http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=762 (toggle the "Windows in taskbar" box in the View options of Word) and it worked perfectly. Great because of the tight deadline.
But this Visual Basic error is still a mystery to me.

Thanks again,
Sylvain

The exact message is "Microsoft Visual basic
Runtime error 5825
The object has been deleted"
or something similar.
I can only click "End".

It is a reccuring message in this document...

[Edited at 2005-10-02 14:21]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Footnotes again - Visual Basic error

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search