Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:59
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2005

Hi,

I use Trados 6.5.2.419 Build 419 and Trados TagEditor 6.5.

I'm trying to clean a document (powerpoint) and get this error message:

"Document Structure Error: Slide types differ between documents (Slide 5.....etc.etc.)Please check if the structure of TRADOSTag document document or the presentation were changed"

I've checked. It hasn't. This is due in this afternoon, and I'd rather not cut'n'paste everything into the original French powerpoin
... See more
Hi,

I use Trados 6.5.2.419 Build 419 and Trados TagEditor 6.5.

I'm trying to clean a document (powerpoint) and get this error message:

"Document Structure Error: Slide types differ between documents (Slide 5.....etc.etc.)Please check if the structure of TRADOSTag document document or the presentation were changed"

I've checked. It hasn't. This is due in this afternoon, and I'd rather not cut'n'paste everything into the original French powerpoint file, as that would take a long time.

Any ideas? Is there a way of forcing it to clean up the file, as you can do with Word macros?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:59
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Why clean? Oct 3, 2005

I don't know about Powerpoint, but usually you send the uncleaned document to the customer or save from within TE the target as...
Regards
Heinrich

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:59
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the answer... Oct 3, 2005

...but I'm already doing it using "Save target as..."

This client wants it cleaned - and anyway, I wouldn't be too keen on sending them a file they can't clean.

I'll try and whack it through Tageditor again as a new file for translation and see if that works.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent probelm on Tageditor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »