TagEditor: how to change tag size and spacing
Thread poster: xxxBAmary
xxxBAmary  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 4, 2005

I am translating a doc I converted from FrameMaker. When I insert the tags, they appear in Courier New 12 and I want them in 10. Besides, I get a space between the tag and my cursor, and if I go back, my font changes to the tag font, so I have to write first and delete the space afterwards (very annoying!)

Does anyone know how to change these two features? By the way, I'm using Workbench 6.5.

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:28
English to Czech
+ ...
Tag settings Oct 4, 2005

When I insert the tags, they appear in Courier New 12 and I want them in 10.

Try to change the definition of the tw4winInternal style in Word.

Besides, I get a space between the tag and my cursor,

In Workbench, go to: Options - Translation Memory Options - General and uncheck "Insert blank after tag".

and if I go back, my font changes to the tag font, so I have to write first and delete the space afterwards (very annoying!)

This is a Word feature. Either add the tags only after writing all the text, or copy the source segment, select the whole text between tags you need to translate and overwrite it. If the text is selected, the font won't change. You can also apply the default font style by selecting the text and pressing CTRL+Space (provided the style is defined correctly).

Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 4, 2005

[quote]Hynek Palatin wrote:

When I insert the tags, they appear in Courier New 12 and I want them in 10.

Try to change the definition of the tw4winInternal style in Word.

This I could not do. Where is the definition I'm supposed to change?

The rest worked perfectly well! Thanks a lot!

M

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:28
English to Czech
+ ...
Styles Oct 4, 2005

Open the translation document in Word, go to Format - Style and change the font size in the style definition. The exact procedure depends on your Word version and it's described in Help. But it's not really necessary, it's just a cosmetic issue.

Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done Oct 4, 2005

Thanks again!

It worked!

Have a nice evening.

M

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: how to change tag size and spacing

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search