TagEditor: how to change tag size and spacing
Thread poster: BAmary (X)

BAmary (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 4, 2005

I am translating a doc I converted from FrameMaker. When I insert the tags, they appear in Courier New 12 and I want them in 10. Besides, I get a space between the tag and my cursor, and if I go back, my font changes to the tag font, so I have to write first and delete the space afterwards (very annoying!)

Does anyone know how to change these two features? By the way, I'm using Workbench 6.5.

Thanks in advance.

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:25
English to Czech
+ ...
Tag settings Oct 4, 2005

When I insert the tags, they appear in Courier New 12 and I want them in 10.

Try to change the definition of the tw4winInternal style in Word.

Besides, I get a space between the tag and my cursor,

In Workbench, go to: Options - Translation Memory Options - General and uncheck "Insert blank after tag".

and if I go back, my font changes to the tag font, so I have to write first and delete the space afterwards (very annoying!)

This is a Word feature. Either add the tags only after writing all the text, or copy the source segment, select the whole text between tags you need to translate and overwrite it. If the text is selected, the font won't change. You can also apply the default font style by selecting the text and pressing CTRL+Space (provided the style is defined correctly).

Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 4, 2005

[quote]Hynek Palatin wrote:

When I insert the tags, they appear in Courier New 12 and I want them in 10.

Try to change the definition of the tw4winInternal style in Word.

This I could not do. Where is the definition I'm supposed to change?

The rest worked perfectly well! Thanks a lot!

M

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:25
English to Czech
+ ...
Styles Oct 4, 2005

Open the translation document in Word, go to Format - Style and change the font size in the style definition. The exact procedure depends on your Word version and it's described in Help. But it's not really necessary, it's just a cosmetic issue.

Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done Oct 4, 2005

Thanks again!

It worked!

Have a nice evening.

M

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: how to change tag size and spacing

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search