Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:44
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 21, 2005

Hi,
This morning I did the procedure to upgrade from Trados 6 to Trados 7. I inserted my CC data and got a confirmation e-mail. I thought I could immediately proceed to download Trados 7 but I am unable to do so. My question is: am I missing something? In the e-mail they say: when your payment has cleared you will be notified by email. This will also include information about your licenses.
I thought paying my CC would mean that the payment is immediately cleared.
Can anyone s
... See more
Hi,
This morning I did the procedure to upgrade from Trados 6 to Trados 7. I inserted my CC data and got a confirmation e-mail. I thought I could immediately proceed to download Trados 7 but I am unable to do so. My question is: am I missing something? In the e-mail they say: when your payment has cleared you will be notified by email. This will also include information about your licenses.
I thought paying my CC would mean that the payment is immediately cleared.
Can anyone shed some light on this issue?
Useless to say, I need to open some urgent files with Trados 7 so I would like to know how long I am supposed to wait.
TIA,
Laura

[Edited at 2005-10-21 09:02]
Collapse

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:44
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Sorry to dissapoint you Oct 21, 2005

But this is Trados you are talking about. They are notorious for their appalling customers services and believe it or not - for Trados it takes takes days to process a CC payment. The fact that they now belong to SDL has not changed much so far. In the best case scenario you will get the licence info in less than a week.

Rgds,
Burrell

[Edited at 2005-10-21 09:36]

Laura Gentili
Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:44
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upgraded completed Oct 21, 2005

Thank you, Burrell.
They actually sent the login and password after 3 hours, so it wasn't bad at all.
Laura

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading from Trados 6 to Trados 7: how long does it take

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »