Are there any courses in Trados?
Thread poster: yolanda Speece

yolanda Speece  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 21, 2005

Where can one go to learn how to use TRADOS? Sometimes while reading the manual I find myself getting headaches!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-10-21 23:36]

Pablo Roufogalis
Colombia
Local time: 18:53
English to Spanish
Training Oct 22, 2005

yolanda Speece wrote:

Where can one go to learn how to use TRADOS? Sometimes while reading the manual I find myself getting headaches!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-10-21 23:36]

Hello Yolanda.

Yes, Trados is often overwhelming as it presents lots of choices meant for database programmers and not for translators.

I strongly suggest you look for a fellow translator in your area that can guide you through it.

In most cases, though, if you are lost about what a screen asks from you, just accept what is already selected. And use the Help and the manuals. They are quite good but overwhelming for a plain translator (i.e. one with no minor in database programming).

You'll waste a lot of time but if you don't get outside help, it's you only choice, I guess.

Good luck.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:53
English to German
+ ...
Contact Trados Oct 23, 2005

Hi Yolanda,
Trados run courses, too - I'm not familiar with their offerings in the US, though.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are there any courses in Trados?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search