Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:26
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 27, 2005

I've just encountered a mysterious phenomenon (Trados TW7, Word 2003, Win XP):

During the translation of Help files including footnotes, I must have done something wrong, resulting in:

1. the disappearance of all Word menus altogether from the main doc section (it's still available on the footnote section),

and

2. the inability to open the Trados toolbar, even though the Trados button is still available on the main toolbar (and the Trados menu
... See more
I've just encountered a mysterious phenomenon (Trados TW7, Word 2003, Win XP):

During the translation of Help files including footnotes, I must have done something wrong, resulting in:

1. the disappearance of all Word menus altogether from the main doc section (it's still available on the footnote section),

and

2. the inability to open the Trados toolbar, even though the Trados button is still available on the main toolbar (and the Trados menu still exists).

I've restarted Windows to no avail.

***Just discovered that when closing the document, I'm also asked whether I'd like to save changes to "Trados7.dot".

Many thanks for any help, Doron

[Edited at 2005-10-27 10:36]

[Edited at 2005-10-27 10:43]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:26
English to German
+ ...
Footnote handling Oct 27, 2005

Hi Doron,
Sounds like you manually closed a footnote window... have a look at Article 762 from the Trados KB. (Be careful when making changes to the Registry!)

Best regards,
Ralf

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 14:26
English to Chinese
+ ...
Maybe this solution will work Oct 27, 2005

I heard of the phenomena you described before,but I have never come up against it.
And the solution someone told of as follows:
1.Open REGEDIT,find key assignments like this
Word 2002 (Word XP): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Data ,
pitch on "Data key"£¬press[Del].(you'd better backup your REGEDIT before do this.)
2.Close REGEDIT

3.Restar Word 2000/2002

And I do not know it will work well in Word 2003.But you can
... See more
I heard of the phenomena you described before,but I have never come up against it.
And the solution someone told of as follows:
1.Open REGEDIT,find key assignments like this
Word 2002 (Word XP): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Data ,
pitch on "Data key"£¬press[Del].(you'd better backup your REGEDIT before do this.)
2.Close REGEDIT

3.Restar Word 2000/2002

And I do not know it will work well in Word 2003.But you can try it,if it can not work,you can comeback your REGEDIT.

Sorry to Ralf Lemster,I did not see "Article 762" is a hyperlink at first.

[Edited at 2005-10-27 13:20]
Collapse

Doron Greenspan MITI
Israel
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many Thanks! Oct 27, 2005

I shall try this solution, and report on my success.

Toolbarless Doron

Doron Greenspan MITI
Israel
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Successful but TW toolbar missing Oct 27, 2005

Thanks again, Ralf and Li, I got the Word toolbars back again via the Regedit change.

I'm still missing the Trados TW toolbar. I guess my TRADOS7.dot was corrupted along the way (I must have answered "yes" at some point to saving the changes...).

I can't remove the TRADOS7.dot from Word's Tools/Templates and Add-ins - I guess it needs replacing with a clean version from the original Trados files (\TT\Templates\...).

Is that so? Any other idea?

... See more
Thanks again, Ralf and Li, I got the Word toolbars back again via the Regedit change.

I'm still missing the Trados TW toolbar. I guess my TRADOS7.dot was corrupted along the way (I must have answered "yes" at some point to saving the changes...).

I can't remove the TRADOS7.dot from Word's Tools/Templates and Add-ins - I guess it needs replacing with a clean version from the original Trados files (\TT\Templates\...).

Is that so? Any other idea?

Many Thanks for your kind help, Doron
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Translator's Workbench toolbar gone from Word

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »