Thread poster: MikeTrans

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 05:07
Italian to German
+ ...
Nov 4, 2005

Hi,

the Multiterm interface in MS WORD allows to add entries on the fly and has also a "More" section where different fields can be added (clients, subject, context, file name for project).
If I activate the "Add Entry level fields" the picklists may stay grayed out; deactivating/activating again result in the picklists to be selectable, but after adding the entries with "add" I get all the time the error message:

"invalid entry"

...and the entry is not saved.

Not activating the "Add Entry level fields" will result in normal saving.
So what's wrong?
If it's a bug, are there already released updates?

My versions:
Trados 7 freelance, 7.00615
Multiterm 7,01320
Ms Word 2000

Thanks for any help!

Mike

Direct link Reply with quote

Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Try the concordance window Nov 4, 2005

Hi Mike,

I've had to delete the Multiterm Normal.dot file from Windows Startup because it creates a load of runtime errors and other problems on my system with Word 2000.

Multiterm still works but you don't get a Multiterm toolbar in Word, no problems either mind you.

I use the concordance window to add terms: highlight the relevant text or term, click the concordance button in the Trados toolbar, select the term in the concordance window, right click to set source/target and submit to Multiterm.
It's pretty quick. Might be quicker with the Multiterm toolbar though, I dunno.

Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:07
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Same problem here Nov 4, 2005

I do not really like concordance window, as I like adding terms in the process of translation. Now it seems to be impossible which is really frustrating. And all along I thought it is just me.

MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using text fields instead of attribute fields Nov 7, 2005

Hi folks,

thanks for your suggestions. yes, the concordance window is a possibility, as it's the same procedure as in TagEditor.
In my entry definitions, I have changed the attribute fields in text fields, so the problem dissapear. Although one must type in the values at the beginning, I can live with it, as they remain stored during all your current work session.

Thank you!

Mike

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Try TWB window Nov 7, 2005

I use the concordance window to add terms:

and I use TWB / Multiterm frame - it's the same thing, but without taking the concordance turn - so far I have never happened upon a new pair, while doing concordance search.

Or am I missing something?

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems adding Multiterm 7 entries within WORD

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search