No Trados license
Thread poster: Jonathan Widell
Jonathan Widell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:10
English to Finnish
+ ...
Nov 6, 2005

I bought a license for Trados 7 Freelance and SDLX on Friday and paid by credit card on the SDL website, but Trados has still not sent me the email that is supposed to contain the login information to trados.subscribenet.com where I can get the key for Trados 7 Freelance (it is now Sunday). I got the key for the SDLX software right away. I contacted the hotline and they promised the email within 24 hours, but I am still waiting. How much longer should I wait before contacting the credit card company? I would need the Trados for a job that is due on Tuesday.

Direct link Reply with quote

Christian Schoenberg  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2004)
Danish to English
+ ...
A few more days Nov 6, 2005

Jonathan Widell wrote:

I bought a license for Trados 7 Freelance and SDLX on Friday and paid by credit card on the SDL website, but Trados has still not sent me the email that is supposed to contain the login information to trados.subscribenet.com where I can get the key for Trados 7 Freelance (it is now Sunday). I got the key for the SDLX software right away. I contacted the hotline and they promised the email within 24 hours, but I am still waiting. How much longer should I wait before contacting the credit card company? I would need the Trados for a job that is due on Tuesday.

Hi Jonathan,

I know, it is infuriating - not only is Trados tech support sorely lacking, but also their post-sales support. It took them five business days (!!) to process my purchase (of 6.5.5) last year. I would give them a few more days - but wouldn't count on it.

C

Canada
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Money matters Nov 6, 2005

Besides, I don't know if it would make any sense to ask "my money back," because you can currently purchase (as I did) SLDX and Trados for the "low" price of SDLX alone (well, approximately), and I am not sure whether I want to part with my SDLX any more. But that does not mean that I do not need the Trados license. Translating a 10-page document with the demo version is accompanied with weeping and gnashing of teeth. But I guess the important thing is to know that this "short" delay (as it was called) is "normal".

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:10
English to Russian
+ ...
you can do something meantime Nov 6, 2005

I think if your client needs the job to be done in Trados
you can deliver it done with the help of free Wordfast.

10 pages is not big enough and I think that free version of Wordfast will handle it. Meantime the Trados people will wake up....

Canada
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 2, 2005

I posted my complaint about the license (or rather the lack of it) on Sunday, and I did get the license on Tuesday. So it took a few days of agony. I am an avid Wordfast user, but the trouble with Wordfast this time was that you can't use it to open a Trados ttx file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No Trados license

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search