Thread poster: Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:31
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Nov 7, 2005

This happens only when I have used a TM to pretranslate files.

Normally, a fuzzy match would be copied to the target. However, when I have pretranslated, the source text is copied and I have to use the "Get Translation" (which by the way, appears to have no assigned shortcut?) icon to get the fuzzy match.

This happens to both Word and Tag Editor and the minimum match value in my TM options is 45%.

Trados 6.5.5.438

Ulrich Roos (X)
Ulrich Roos (X)
Local time: 07:31
German
Adjust your fuzzy match value and do not segment Nov 7, 2005

To avoid this problems two settings in the translate dialog might help:

1. Adjust the match value in % or higher Match Value to 45. If this value is set to 100 for instance, then only exact matches will be inserted in your document.

2. Deactivate the Segment Unknown Sentences option. If activated every unknown senteces is copied into the target. This option is only useful if you want to hand this document to a third party for translation and your partner
... See more
To avoid this problems two settings in the translate dialog might help:

1. Adjust the match value in % or higher Match Value to 45. If this value is set to 100 for instance, then only exact matches will be inserted in your document.

2. Deactivate the Segment Unknown Sentences option. If activated every unknown senteces is copied into the target. This option is only useful if you want to hand this document to a third party for translation and your partner does not have Trados.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Ulrich
Collapse

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:31
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 7, 2005

I sort of figured it out (at least half of it) - but the bit about segmentation was new and useful info!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When files have been pretranslated, fuzzy matches are not copied to target

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »