https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/38783-how_do_i_get_the_tag_editor_and_multiterm_toolbar_in_word.html

How do I get the Tag editor and Multiterm toolbar in Word
Thread poster: NickM KIP
NickM KIP
NickM KIP
English
Nov 8, 2005

I have office installed and all the TRADOS tools but the toolbars don't show up in word and they do not show up in the toolbars menu.

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:23
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Word Nov 8, 2005

First, there is no Tag Editor in Word. TE has its own interface, you have to open it separately. As to Multiterm, it has to be installed separately from the rest of Trados.
What you might be missing in Word is Trados toolbar. For this go to Tools/Templates and ad-ins and tick Trados6.dot or Trados7.dot file depending on your version. If it is not there, browse to the folder where Trados is saved and find the file there (I cannot guarantee but I think it is in Templates or something simila
... See more
First, there is no Tag Editor in Word. TE has its own interface, you have to open it separately. As to Multiterm, it has to be installed separately from the rest of Trados.
What you might be missing in Word is Trados toolbar. For this go to Tools/Templates and ad-ins and tick Trados6.dot or Trados7.dot file depending on your version. If it is not there, browse to the folder where Trados is saved and find the file there (I cannot guarantee but I think it is in Templates or something similar). Likewise if you have installed Multiterm and for some reason the toolbar is missing in Word, you can tick the multiterm6.dot or multiterm7.dot file or look for it in Multiterm folder.

HTH,
Burrell
Collapse

NickM KIP
NickM KIP
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 8, 2005

Ok I found the template and can add it. Is there a way to permanently add it so everytime I run Word it comes up.

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:23
Italian to English
+ ...
Multiterm startup Nov 9, 2005

Hi Nick,
To add the Multiterm toolbar to the Word startup, follow the instructions below. On my system I actually deleted the Multiterm template though as it caused a lot of runtime errors. See how it goes on yours.

To add the Multerm toolbar to Word.

1. Goto: C:\Program Files\TRADOS\MultiTerm\Templates
2. Select and Copy the MultiTerm7.dot file
3. Now goto: C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name)\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
4. Rig
... See more
Hi Nick,
To add the Multiterm toolbar to the Word startup, follow the instructions below. On my system I actually deleted the Multiterm template though as it caused a lot of runtime errors. See how it goes on yours.

To add the Multerm toolbar to Word.

1. Goto: C:\Program Files\TRADOS\MultiTerm\Templates
2. Select and Copy the MultiTerm7.dot file
3. Now goto: C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name)\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
4. Right mouse click in this folder and select the Paste option

You should now get the Multiterm toolbar in Word every time you launch it.
If it causes probs, just delete the Multiterm template you added to the startup folder.

To add the Trados toolbar:

1. Goto: C:\Program Files\TRADOS\T7\TT\Templates
2. Select and Copy the TRADOS7.dot file
4. Right mouse click in this folder and select the Paste option

Have fun
Mac

[Edited at 2005-11-09 09:24]
Collapse

cclark
cclark
Local time: 03:23
English
Multiterm Toolbar crashes Ms Word Feb 6, 2007

Greetings,

I was wondering if any one had experienced problems with the Multiterm toolbar crashing MS Word. My Multiterm version is 6.2.0.287 and MS Word 2003. Does anyone know a solution to this?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I get the Tag editor and Multiterm toolbar in Word

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »