Thread poster: Daniel Babenco
Daniel Babenco
Daniel Babenco  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 13:51
Danish to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 9, 2005

I have received a bilingual text from a freelancer that has been translated but I cannot seem to be able to get Word to show only the translated text (text in target language). It keeps on showing the bilingual version. I am doing something wrong?

Ulrich Roos (X)
Ulrich Roos (X)
German
Click on the paragraph symbol Nov 9, 2005

In the menu bar click on the paragraph symbol which looks like a P facing the wrong side. It should toggle the hidden text to invisible and vice versa.

If this does not work check your settings. Open the menu Tools and select the command Options.... On the tab View make sure that in the section "Formatting marks" the option All is selected. Confirm with OK and click again on the paragraph symbol.

I hope this helps.

Kind re
... See more
In the menu bar click on the paragraph symbol which looks like a P facing the wrong side. It should toggle the hidden text to invisible and vice versa.

If this does not work check your settings. Open the menu Tools and select the command Options.... On the tab View make sure that in the section "Formatting marks" the option All is selected. Confirm with OK and click again on the paragraph symbol.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Ulrich
Collapse

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
show/hide button Nov 9, 2005

Hi Daniel,

You may want to press the "show/hide" button on the Word toolbar. If this does not work, go to "Tools - Options -View" and uncheck "hidden text. "

Dan

Daniel Babenco wrote:

I have received a bilingual text from a freelancer that has been translated but I cannot seem to be able to get Word to show only the translated text (text in target language). It keeps on showing the bilingual version. I am doing something wrong?

Daniel Babenco
Daniel Babenco  Identity Verified
Denmark
Danish to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your help! Nov 9, 2005

uote]Ulrich Roos wrote:

I
... See more
uote]Ulrich Roos wrote:

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Ulrich[/quote]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Basic question about Trados' bilingual file

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »