Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:39
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 28, 2005

After a failed attempt to import terms from an Excel file (previously converted, Multiterm crashed at 95%), whenever I try to add a new term to my termbase, either directly into Multiterm or from within Word 2003, I get a message saying "Invalid argument". I have replaced Multiterm.dot and "repaired" my Multiterm installation through the add/remove programs utility in the control panel, but the problem persists.

Has this happened to anyone here before? How can I fix it?

... See more
After a failed attempt to import terms from an Excel file (previously converted, Multiterm crashed at 95%), whenever I try to add a new term to my termbase, either directly into Multiterm or from within Word 2003, I get a message saying "Invalid argument". I have replaced Multiterm.dot and "repaired" my Multiterm installation through the add/remove programs utility in the control panel, but the problem persists.

Has this happened to anyone here before? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Nora
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:39
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found Nov 29, 2005

I don't really know what was causing the problem, but after trying several things unsuccessfully, I stumbled upon the solution.

Apparently the termbase was corrupted, because the solution was to create a new termbase and export all the terms to the new termbase. After doing that, it is all working again.

I had to go to TW and make sure the new termbase was set as the default termbase before it worked for term recognition, but now it's all working properly!

... See more
I don't really know what was causing the problem, but after trying several things unsuccessfully, I stumbled upon the solution.

Apparently the termbase was corrupted, because the solution was to create a new termbase and export all the terms to the new termbase. After doing that, it is all working again.

I had to go to TW and make sure the new termbase was set as the default termbase before it worked for term recognition, but now it's all working properly!

Nora
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Invalid argument" error message in MultiTerm 7

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »