Term Recognition Question
Thread poster: Rita Fejér
Rita Fejér
Local time: 01:58
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Dec 9, 2005

I am using Trados 7 with MultiTerm on Windows XP. There is a strange phenomenon that I cannot understand, that happens using the term recognition window in the Workbench:
I have two termbases (which is a nice new feature) that I use: one is my own, the other one comes from the customer. Mine works OK, but the customer one does only show the source term (in the source language) but not the target term (in the target language). So I cannot use the feature of pasting the current term from the toolbar. Instead I have to click on the source term and this opens a new MultiTerm window, where i have to look it up and eventually write it into the text.
What is the difference to my own Termbase? Is there a switch or something else that allows/ prevents showing the target term in the customer's termbase?
Thanks for your help.
Rita

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term Recognition Question

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search