TagEditor making page numbers "unprintable"
Thread poster: xxxIanW
xxxIanW
Local time: 21:31
German to English
+ ...
Dec 15, 2005

I work with Trados Freelance 7.0.0.615 running on Windows XP.

I have just translated a Word document using TagEditor and have discovered that the page numbers have disappeared from my print-out. This often happens with PPTs and it's always just a matter of entering them again. In this case, however, the page number is still there but just won't print - it's even in the print preview!

Does anyone know what's wrong here?

Thanks

Ian

Direct link Reply with quote

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Hidden text? Dec 15, 2005

Maybe I am asking the obvious, but have you checked that the text does not have its "hidden" property set?

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Margins Dec 15, 2005

Here are a couple of ideas: I'm not sure if it will help, but have you taken a look at the margins in the page setup? I don't work with PowerPoint all that often, but I sometimes have similar problems in word (especially if the page numbers are in the footer). Sometimes I have to make the bottom margin a little smaller. And sometime it helps (in Word) to add a line below the page number - you can make it small by changing the font size.

Good luck finding your missing numbers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor making page numbers "unprintable"

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search