TagEditor making page numbers "unprintable"
Thread poster: xxxIanW
xxxIanW
Local time: 21:28
German to English
+ ...
Dec 15, 2005

I work with Trados Freelance 7.0.0.615 running on Windows XP.

I have just translated a Word document using TagEditor and have discovered that the page numbers have disappeared from my print-out. This often happens with PPTs and it's always just a matter of entering them again. In this case, however, the page number is still there but just won't print - it's even in the print preview!

Does anyone know what's wrong here?

Thanks

Ian

Direct link Reply with quote

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Hidden text? Dec 15, 2005

Maybe I am asking the obvious, but have you checked that the text does not have its "hidden" property set?

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Margins Dec 15, 2005

Here are a couple of ideas: I'm not sure if it will help, but have you taken a look at the margins in the page setup? I don't work with PowerPoint all that often, but I sometimes have similar problems in word (especially if the page numbers are in the footer). Sometimes I have to make the bottom margin a little smaller. And sometime it helps (in Word) to add a line below the page number - you can make it small by changing the font size.

Good luck finding your missing numbers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor making page numbers "unprintable"

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search