Thread poster: Huw Watkins

Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:32
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Dec 17, 2005

I have recently been experiencing a problem with Trados, it has basically disappeared from word! The icons are no longer there. I have tried reinstalling Trados several times, even with different copies of the software and have re-installed office. Has this problem happened to anyone? Does anyone know how to resolve it?

Thanks,
Huw

Direct link Reply with quote

Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:32
English to Spanish
some help Dec 17, 2005

Hi,
It has happened to me. Advice from TW_users (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/): in Word, you need to go to Tools, Templates and Add-ins, then click on Add and browse till you get to Trados, then T7_FL > TT > Templates, then click on OK after highlighting Trados 7.dot.
Sorry for the very basic answer... I don't have any technical insights to offer, but this works
Good luck,
Andrea

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:32
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There is not much to add here, Dec 17, 2005

but I´m moving this to the special Trados dedicated forum.

Best
Jerzy

United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 17, 2005

THANKS IT WORKED A TREAT.

Dusica Cook
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 23:32
English to Bosnian
+ ...
thanks Dec 30, 2005

i have been fighting with trados for several days now! i started to think i was too stupid to use it! ok, now i have it in my word, but i have no clue how to proceed! anyhow, thanks for helping on this one!

United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tutorials Dec 30, 2005

Dusica Cook wrote:

i have been fighting with trados for several days now! i started to think i was too stupid to use it! ok, now i have it in my word, but i have no clue how to proceed! anyhow, thanks for helping on this one!

Hi Dusica,

The tutorials are really very good, they get you using Trados in less than half a day, but don't expect to master all of its functions in that sort of timescale. If you don't have the tutorials let me know, and I'll send them on to you or post a link for you.

Huw

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados not appearing in word

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search