Thread poster: Huw Watkins

Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:58
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Dec 17, 2005

I have recently been experiencing a problem with Trados, it has basically disappeared from word! The icons are no longer there. I have tried reinstalling Trados several times, even with different copies of the software and have re-installed office. Has this problem happened to anyone? Does anyone know how to resolve it?

Thanks,
Huw

Direct link Reply with quote

Tina Colquhoun  Identity Verified
Danish to English
+ ...
How to resolve Trados disappearance Dec 17, 2005

Hi

That happened to me too and I almost panicked and started reinstalling. It's all only a question of a box needing to be ticked. I will look this up and get back to you. Just thought I'd tell you quickly that nothing major is wrong!!!!

Tina

Huw Watkins wrote:

I have recently been experiencing a problem with Trados, it has basically disappeared from word! The icons are no longer there. I have tried reinstalling Trados several times, even with different copies of the software and have re-installed office. Has this problem happened to anyone? Does anyone know how to resolve it?

Thanks,
Huw

Tina Colquhoun  Identity Verified
Danish to English
+ ...
This is how to do it! Dec 17, 2005

OK - open Word, choose Tools, then Templates and Add-ins. Under Global Templates and Add-ins - make sure that the Trados box is ticked and voila!

Hope it works!

Tina

Huw Watkins wrote:

Thanks,
Huw

Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 17, 2005

Yep it definitely works. Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados not appearing in word

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search