MARCELA RUIZ
MARCELA RUIZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 21, 2005

Hi, everybody!
I am using Trados 6.5 freelance with Windows XP and Tag Editor to translate html files.
The problem is that the target files (I save target files, instead of cleaning bilingual ones)have a different font type (changed to Times New Roman) and color (from blue to black).
I would appreciate any hint you could provide.
TIA
Marcela

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 23:28
English to Chinese
+ ...
If you ¡­¡­ Dec 21, 2005

If you make a backup of the original file, you can clean up the translated file, then open the cleaned up file, select all, change the font and color.

Best wishes,
Han Li

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:28
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Tags or stylesheet Dec 21, 2005

You either removed some formatting tags, in which case you should insert them to the target segments, or the document uses a stylesheet that is currently inaccessible. You can use the Tag Verifier to check for missing tags (see Help for more information).

You definitely cannot select all and change the font and color. That would be possible in Word, not with HTML files.

MARCELA RUIZ
MARCELA RUIZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! Dec 21, 2005

I appreciate your suggestions.
Apparently, the problem was just that I did not clean up the .ttx, but saved the target file.
I had never had problems with this before, but it was not the case with these files.
I cleaned up the tag editor files, and the font type and color remained just as in the original files.
Tnx again!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font type and color changes

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »