https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/41080-multiterm_doesnt_show_target_term_on_workbench_window.html

Multiterm doesn't show target term on Workbench window
Thread poster: Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 7, 2006

Hi everybody,
Finally I was able to build an Termbase on my Trados 7 (Windows XP) importing it from an Excel-file. Everything worked well, but on the Workbench window only appears the source term recognized and I would also like to see the target term. When I switch into MT itself, there I can see both, source and target terms.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 07:16
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Do you have the term recognition window open? Jan 7, 2006

that was my problem, when I got as far as you are now: press Ctrl+R. if a new window appears - on the right hand side of the TWB normal window -, that was it.

smo

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There seems to be no target language! Jan 7, 2006

Vito Smolej wrote:

that was my problem, when I got as far as you are now: press Ctrl+R. if a new window appears - on the right hand side of the TWB normal window -, that was it.

smo

Yes, that window is there on TWB. I found out that my MT doesn't seem to have registered a source AND a target language, although I followed step-by-step instructions from Trados support Sep. 9.
All my termbase is there, but without the distinction of target and source...
Is there a way to correct this easiliy?

Ulrich Roos (X)
Ulrich Roos (X)
Local time: 07:16
German
Check Term Recognition Options Jan 9, 2006

Hi Constance,

Constance Mannshardt wrote:
Yes, that window is there on TWB. I found out that my MT doesn't seem to have registered a source AND a target language, although I followed step-by-step instructions from Trados support Sep. 9.

in contrast to TMs the termbases in MultiTerm do not have a defined source and target language. You can select all languages in your termbase as source or target language.

To solve your problem please check under Options -> Term Recognition Options whether source and target language are set correctly.

Hope this helps,

Uli

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's strange! Jan 9, 2006

Ulrich Roos wrote:

Hi Constance,

Constance Mannshardt wrote:

in contrast to TMs the termbases in MultiTerm do not have a defined source and target language. You can select all languages in your termbase as source or target language.

To solve your problem please check under Options -> Term Recognition Options whether source and target language are set correctly.

Hope this helps,

Uli

Hi Uli and everybody,
thanks for your replies.
I can't imagine that I am supposed to open MT everytime I get the info that there is a term for some word in my termbase! I used to work with Multiterm on 5.5 and there it always showed me (on the TWB-screen, right side) source and target for every term in termbase.
Meantime I have checked that languages are set correctly and went through the whole convert-import etc. process again: without effort.
I don't know what I could try next.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm doesn't show target term on Workbench window

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »