Dusica Cook
Dusica Cook
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 09:53
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Jan 13, 2006

dear colleagues,

i have a trados installed on my pc and now i got a great offer to get a mac, but i do not know if i can use it on mac. when i installed it on pc it never popped up the question related to platform or anything like that and now i am confused.

thanks for your help!

Heike Behl, Ph.D.
Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 08:53
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Trados not for MAC Jan 14, 2006

Trados runs only under Windows. You can run Trados on a Mac with an emulation program such as Virtual PC. However, Trados will run much, much slower.
As far as I know, Wordfast runs also on a Mac. Maybe that's an alternative for you?

Dusica Cook
Dusica Cook
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 09:53
English to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 14, 2006

well... as much as your message was of great assistance, it made me very sad... i had a 'once in a life time' offer for the newest mac, but now... i do not think i will have it!

anyhow... thanks!

Heike Behl, Ph.D.
Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 08:53
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
check the forums Jan 14, 2006

You might want to check the forums as this topic has been discussed previously. You might get some more ideas from colleagues that do use the Mac for translating. There's also the Mac user forum.
Don't give up yet...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: MAC vs. PC

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »