Setup/Import/Export/Reorg Grayed Out on TW menu
Thread poster: talbieh
talbieh
English to Spanish
Jan 15, 2006

I'm having trouble with some features of my Translator's Workbench. I have installed 7.0 and 7.1 on my machine. If I create a new TM, these items are available to me from the File menu: Import, Export, Setup, Reorganize. If I close Translator's Workbench and open it up again, those options are no longer available. If I open an already existing TM, they are also not available.

It was suggested to me to uninstall all forms of Trados (Multi-term could stay), and then reinstall. This did not work for me.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:50
English to German
+ ...
Freelance or Team Edition? Jan 15, 2006

Hi talbieh,
Which version are you using - Freelance or Team?

I have installed 7.0 and 7.1 on my machine.

Why both? 7.1 is a replacement of 7.0, to correct some bugs, so why would you need both?

Have you registered the version you're using (Start - Programs - Trados x.x - Register Trados x.x)?

If I create a new TM, these items are available to me from the File menu: Import, Export, Setup, Reorganize. If I close Translator's Workbench and open it up again, those options are no longer available. If I open an already existing TM, they are also not available.

If you're using the Team Edition version, these management functions are only available if you open the TM in Exclusive mode. Did you activate the corresponding checkbox when opening the TM?

HTH, Ralf

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:50
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
AFAIR from the installation procedure 7.0 AND 7.1 cannot coexist on one machine Jan 15, 2006

And maybe you somwhere set the parameter of your files to "read only".

Regards
Jerzy

talbieh
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You!!! Jan 16, 2006

My problem was not having the exclusive checkbox checked. The read-only tip is good to keep in mind for troubleshooting in the future.

I don't have both 7.0 and 7.1 on my machine; I just meant that I had the problem no matter which version was installed at the time.

Thanks again.

Tal

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setup/Import/Export/Reorg Grayed Out on TW menu

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search