workbench is not working
Thread poster: Mireille K
Mireille K  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:04
French to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2006

Recently, workbench on my Trados 7.0, isn't working. When I open it, I get this message:
(2): the system could not find the file specified. (C:/Documents and Settings/..)
Even when I ignore the message, and start a segment, it will give me the non-translated segement as 100% match.
I tried creating new TMs but I keep getting the same thing.
Help!
Mireille

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:04
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Have you the necessary rights to access c:\documents... Jan 19, 2006

ie are you logged in as administrator or user, which has installed Trados? Did you install Trados to be used by "all persons on this computer" or "only yourself"?
Or maybe you selected a write protection of your files?

As it concerns Trados, I´m moving the topic to Trados Support Forum, where it belongs.

Regards
Jerzy

Mireille K  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:04
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I installed Trados. Jan 19, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

ie are you logged in as administrator or user, which has installed Trados? Did you install Trados to be used by "all persons on this computer" or "only yourself"?
Or maybe you selected a write protection of your files?

As it concerns Trados, I´m moving the topic to Trados Support Forum, where it belongs.

Regards
Jerzy

The only thing I could think of, is I received a TM from a client once and it was read only, and since then, I can't seem to make my own TMs work. I keep creating new ones but the same thing happens everytime. I have trados installed on my PC and it is working fine, but the one on my laptop is not, unfortunately it is the one I use the most.

[Edited at 2006-01-19 17:18]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

workbench is not working

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search