Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 02:44
Spanish
+ ...
Jan 27, 2006

Hello

I have one sentence: 'Fudge (Creates 1 lb. of Chocolaty Delight!)'

I want 'fudge' to be one segmentand '(Creates 1 lb. of Chocolaty Delight!)' another one. The WB will consider the whole sentence as one segment and when I shrink the segment, it looks 'Fudge '(Creates 1 lb.' but it won't go any shorter.

Is there a way I can set the delimitation myself without having to change the setup of the whole document. Or is there an easy way to do it?
... See more
Hello

I have one sentence: 'Fudge (Creates 1 lb. of Chocolaty Delight!)'

I want 'fudge' to be one segmentand '(Creates 1 lb. of Chocolaty Delight!)' another one. The WB will consider the whole sentence as one segment and when I shrink the segment, it looks 'Fudge '(Creates 1 lb.' but it won't go any shorter.

Is there a way I can set the delimitation myself without having to change the setup of the whole document. Or is there an easy way to do it?

Thanks.
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 09:44
German to English
+ ...
Manually insert a full stop after Fudge Jan 28, 2006

If you manually insert a full stop after Fudge so that your sentence reads

"Fudge. (creates 1lb. of delight)" (or whatever your original sentence was), shorten the segment, and then delete the full stop after fudge.

I think it ought to work.

HTH

Alison

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need help shrinking a segment

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »