Thread poster: Harald Stuecker (X)
Harald Stuecker (X)
Harald Stuecker (X)
Local time: 05:35
English to German
+ ...
Feb 2, 2006

Hello all,

My problem is that I have installed Kaspersky Personal Security Suite (version 1.1.53) and now, I cannot start Trados (6.0) any longer.

The file tw4win.exe always freezes, and not just at start-up, but also when I try to remove or install it. I.e., in oder to remove or reinstall Trados, I have to remove Kapsersky first.

It seems that Kaspersky and Trados cannot live together. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Or better still: Does anybo
... See more
Hello all,

My problem is that I have installed Kaspersky Personal Security Suite (version 1.1.53) and now, I cannot start Trados (6.0) any longer.

The file tw4win.exe always freezes, and not just at start-up, but also when I try to remove or install it. I.e., in oder to remove or reinstall Trados, I have to remove Kapsersky first.

It seems that Kaspersky and Trados cannot live together. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Or better still: Does anybody know a solution to this?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.
Haerold
Collapse

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:35
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Not sure but... Feb 2, 2006

Try uninstalling Kaspersky, then Trados, then install Kaspersky and then Trados. Sometimes when you change program installation order, things work. But that is just an educated guess, it might not work.

Ines

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
No problems with both Feb 2, 2006

Sorry I can't help with any suggestions, but I use TRADOS 5.5 on 1 PC and TRADOS 7 on the other, both with Kaspersky, and they run just fine. So it's not always a problem.

Let's hope the previous suggestion works.

On Edit: I also have the Kaspersky anti-hacker and anti-spam programs installed, so I guess that's the whole security package, but I'm not sure it's the same as yours.

[Edited at 2006-02-02 09:58]

Ingo Dierkschnieder
Ingo Dierkschnieder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
No problems here either Feb 2, 2006

I'm working with Trados 6.5 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5.0.391 and never experienced any problems.

Try the suggested deinstallation/reinstallation or try adding Trados as an exclusion in the Threats and Exclusions list.

Good luck
Ingo

Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
For a simple solution Feb 2, 2006

I have the same problem. For a simple solution, right-click on the Kaspersky icon in the icon tray, next to the clock, and click on Stop Real Time Protection, then choose 5 minutes. You can then start Trados and Kaspersky will start again after 5 min.

For a more complicated approach:
"It turns out that deactivating the virus protection and excluding Trados from scanning solved
... See more
I have the same problem. For a simple solution, right-click on the Kaspersky icon in the icon tray, next to the clock, and click on Stop Real Time Protection, then choose 5 minutes. You can then start Trados and Kaspersky will start again after 5 min.

For a more complicated approach:
"It turns out that deactivating the virus protection and excluding Trados from scanning solved the problem."
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/message/30245
Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
script monitoring Feb 2, 2006

try and disable (remove the tick) the 'enable real time script monitoring' in the settings (scripts). It worked for me.

Giovanni

Harald Stuecker (X)
Harald Stuecker (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all Feb 2, 2006

Dear Colleagues,
I would like to thank you all for your comments and tricks. I tried them all. Unfortunately my problem is stubborn and won't go away. At the moment somebody from Kaspersky is doing some testing. I hope that he will come up with a solution, otherwise I will have to use some other anti-virus-program.
Thanks again,
Harald

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 06:35
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
The same here Feb 4, 2006

Uldis

Ingo Dierkschnieder wrote:
I'm working with Trados 6.5 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5.0.391 and never experienced any problems.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados doesn't work with Kaspersky

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »