TM problem
Thread poster: thickskin
thickskin
English
Feb 2, 2006

here's a hard one :

it seems one segment of my Trados translation memory is corrupt, thus I can't export, reorganise or any such easy thing that could solve the problem.

I've tried to reorganise with new .iix, .mdf, .mtf, .mwf (from a freshly created TM) files but to no avail.

i've also tried to find tools to edit the TM but nothing worked (binary data).

Has anyone seen this before? Any clues?

thanks a lot !

Alex

Direct link Reply with quote

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:59
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try the Trados URL Feb 2, 2006

Some time ago I had a problem with a TM and I found a link somewhere in their site where I could upload my TM for them to check.
Hope it still exists...

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:59
English to German
+ ...
Try opening without the index files Feb 2, 2006

Hi Alex,

it seems one segment of my Trados translation memory is corrupt, thus I can't export, reorganise or any such easy thing that could solve the problem.

What error message (if any) do you get?

I've tried to reorganise with new .iix, .mdf, .mtf, .mwf (from a freshly created TM) files but to no avail.

Now that wouldn't work, as the index files for an empty TM still contain information that doesn't match your .tmw file.

What you could try to do is to copy the .tmw file into a separate folder, and try to open, export and/or reorganise it.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM problem

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search