Thread poster: TTilch

TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:17
English to German
+ ...
Feb 3, 2006

Hi,

I need you help with the following problem:

When I use Trados 6.5 and MultiTerm 5.5 together, MultiTerm always forgets the Input Model I activated for entering new terms, so that I have to re-activate it after every automatic search by Trados. This is quite annoying. Some more details for you:

I am using Trados 6.5.5.441, its automatic Term Recognition function, have set the "Term Recognition Options" to MultiTerm 5 (Trados 5), selected language combination and glossary. I have also opened MultiTerm v5.5.2.257, activated an input model, and whenever I try to add new terms via F3 I am prompted over and over again to select the Input Model, as it is apparently forgotten after each automatic search by Trados. I have no clue why this happens. So far it had always worked fine.

Does anyone have the same problem and have you found a solution to this problem?

Unfortunately, I cannot switch to MultiTerm iX as we are still using older Trados versions from time to time which don't support this and want to share the glossaries.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Tanja

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with input models when using Trados 6.5 and MultiTerm v5.5.2.257

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search