How to register Multiterm software? Do I need the same license of trados 7? or different lisence?
Thread poster: Imad Almaghary
Imad Almaghary
Local time: 11:09
English to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 6, 2006

Good morning
How to register Multiterm 7 Desktop software? Do I need the same license of trados 7? or different lisence for Multiterm?
I got one license that worked for Trados 7 and not worked for Multiterm although I received both softwares with one license softkey.
The company is very slow to reply to emails.
I succedded in registering Trados 7 but Multi term extract still works in demo.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:09
English to German
+ ...
MultiTerm or MultiTerm Extract? Feb 6, 2006

Hi Imad,
The title of your posting refers to MultiTerm (which does not require a license), but then you're talking about MultiTerm Extract (which is a separate product, and does require a license).

Which of the two does your query really refer to?

The company is very slow to reply to emails.

Like many other e-business operations (ProZ.com included), sending e-mail will probably never get you an answer. Use the support interface provided.

...but perhaps I answered your question already?

Best regards,
Ralf

Colin Smith  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Licence for Multiterm Extract Feb 9, 2006

Hello Imad, Ralf

I have also bought Trados 7.1 recently. Everything is running OK but now I am starting to set up Multiterm, it asks me for the licence for Extract. I don't have a separate one (from the main Trados licence) and wasn't offered one.

So, first question is, do you need a separate licence for Multiterm Extract?

Thanks

Colin

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
MultiTerm Desktop vs. MultiTerm Extract Feb 9, 2006

Hi Colin,

I have also bought Trados 7.1 recently. Everything is running OK but now I am starting to set up Multiterm, it asks me for the licence for Extract. I don't have a separate one (from the main Trados licence) and wasn't offered one.

So, first question is, do you need a separate licence for Multiterm Extract?

Yes, as MT Extract is a separate application for terminology extraction. MT Desktop (the terminology management tool) does not require a license.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to register Multiterm software? Do I need the same license of trados 7? or different lisence?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search