Thread poster: Marcus Malabad

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:31
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 30, 2002

Just bought Trados 5.5.

I need help in creating a new termbase in Multiterm iX. I followed the instructions in on how to create a .txt file from an Excel table. I now have something like this:

So how do I use Multiterm iX to create a new termbase using my .txt file? Or is there some other way of creating a Multiterm iX termbase without going through the steps above (steps which were designed for the old Multiterm).

The next question is: once I\'ve created this termbase, how do I configure Workbench and T-Window for Excel so that the termbase is accessible from them?

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:31
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Importing Excel/Word files will do too Jul 30, 2002

Just follow the instructions from this article:

I have not did it yet, so I cannot tell how to set WB to use Multiterm, but I think it is described in the help files, which are acceptable.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

creating new termbase in Multiterm iX

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search