How to remove the source sentence copy in translation spaces in WordDoc?
Thread poster: Imad Almaghary
Imad Almaghary
Local time: 11:23
English to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 11, 2006

Good morning professionals and Proz visitors

the question is that, How to remove the source sentence copy in translation spaces in WordDoc as naturally the MSWord, Workbench and MT is open during translation process. For more details, when I put the mouse cursor at the beginning of the sentence and When I click on the bottom of "open/get" on the tool bar of WordDoc what happens is that i get the sentence, i want to translated, copied in the space made for translation. I do not have to deleat it every time. in reality the space becomes empty as happens in tutorial. What is the problem? How do I get empty space as happens and as we see in tutorial.

Thanks for help
Best regards

Direct link Reply with quote

Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:23
German to Croatian
+ ...
Suggestion Feb 11, 2006

In Translators's Workbench open 'Tools', 'Translation Memory Options', and deselect 'Copy source on no match' in the section under 'Switches'.

BR,

Vesna

Imad Almaghary
Local time: 11:23
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to get the source sentence removed after clicking on the botton of "set/close" on the tool bar? Feb 12, 2006

good morning

You have been really helpful.

How to get the source sentence removed after clicking on the botton of "set/close" on the tool bar that is in the MSWord.Doc?

When I translate, what happens is that the source sentence remains in the WordDoc. Surprisingly, what happens in the tutorial section is that the source sentence is removed after clicking on the bottom of "set/close" to finish the translation. With me the source sentence is not removed so when I finish the work I get both source sentence and target sentences together. In reality, just target sentences must remain.
How to solve that and thanks.

Best regards
Mr. Imad

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:23
English to German
+ ...
You're confusing two issues, I think... Feb 12, 2006

Hi,

When I translate, what happens is that the source sentence remains in the WordDoc. Surprisingly, what happens in the tutorial section is that the source sentence is removed after clicking on the bottom of "set/close" to finish the translation. With me the source sentence is not removed so when I finish the work I get both source sentence and target sentences together. In reality, just target sentences must remain.

Please review the entire workflow - "cleaning up" (= removing source segments from the document) is the last step. Source and target remain in the (bilingual) document during editing. You can make the source text invisible by hiding hidden text; however, given the danger of damaging tags, it is recommended to keep both source and target visible during translation.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to remove the source sentence copy in translation spaces in WordDoc?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search