Thread poster: Greta Vera

Greta Vera  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:09
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Feb 16, 2006

Hello Eveyone!

I am having problems with my Microsoft Outlook. So I misht have to remove it and then install the Office 2003 again. Will I have problems with Trados? Or will I have to install Trados again after the Office 2003?

I hope someone can help me out since I have not a clue!!!!!

Regards,
Greta

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxBrandis
Local time: 18:09
English to German
+ ...
Yes trados is better installed after installing Office 2003 Feb 16, 2006

Hi! The outlook problem - outlook by default sets MS-Word as text editor, and you will see also the Trados buttons while writing a mail. But it is important generally if you are translating mails. My normal setting is emails are processed as .htm files and I don´t use Word as editor for mails. Otherwise everytime you start writing mail, word will be started in the background and depending upon your system, it doesn´t get out and free-up systems resources, even after you have completed writing your mail message and shipped it. So I use a light weight mail editor. Hope that helps. Best Brandis

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:09
English to German
+ ...
Not necessarily Feb 17, 2006

Hi Greta,

I am having problems with my Microsoft Outlook. So I misht have to remove it and then install the Office 2003 again.

Have you tried the repair option in the Office installation dialogue?

Will I have problems with Trados? Or will I have to install Trados again after the Office 2003?

You shouldn't have a problem. The only thing you will need to do is to copy the Trados templates (for T7.x, these are MultiTerm7.dot and TRADOS7.dot; both are contained in the Trados installation directory) into the Word startup folder (for Office 2003, the default location is
Code:
c:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

).

Best regards,
Ralf

Greta Vera  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:09
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I will try it! Feb 17, 2006

Dear Ralf,

Thank you for your help. I will try this.

Regards,
Greta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office 2003 and Trados 6.5

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search