https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/42811-trados_%22locked%22_mod_tu_will_not_close.html

TRADOS "LOCKED" (Mod: TU will not close)
Thread poster: stephen mewes
stephen mewes
stephen mewes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:45
Swedish to English
+ ...
Feb 20, 2006

I have come to the end of a translation and Trados has "locked", i.e. the blue and yellow segment boxes are still present when I press the Set/Close Next Open/Get button.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen Mewes

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-02-20 06:50]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:45
English to German
+ ...
More details? Feb 20, 2006

Hi Stephen,
Can you please provide some more details?

I have come to the end of a translation and Trados has "locked", i.e. the blue and yellow segment boxes are still present when I press the Set/Close Next Open/Get button.

Which version(s) are you using (full version number please)?
What source file format are you working on?
Is there an error message?

Best regards,
Ralf

Vauwe
Vauwe
English to German
+ ...
Try 'Fix document' Feb 20, 2006

that sometimes helps

BR

Anmol
Anmol
Local time: 04:15
Manually fix the segment Feb 20, 2006

I generally click on"Show/Hide" to display special characters in the file, position the cursor manually on each of the 4 end-of-line markers, highlight just the marker, and delete the marker using Ctrl-X.

The segments move into the closed position and everything is fine when you click on"Show/Hide" again to hide special characters.

Sorry I couldn't display some sample segments, the forum posting software strips away all the Trados segment opening and closing seq
... See more
I generally click on"Show/Hide" to display special characters in the file, position the cursor manually on each of the 4 end-of-line markers, highlight just the marker, and delete the marker using Ctrl-X.

The segments move into the closed position and everything is fine when you click on"Show/Hide" again to hide special characters.

Sorry I couldn't display some sample segments, the forum posting software strips away all the Trados segment opening and closing sequences

[Edited at 2006-02-21 07:31]
Collapse

Anne Bohy
Anne Bohy  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Ctrl-Z helps Feb 21, 2006

I have encountered this type of problem several times with Trados 7.0 when working in Word.
This usually happens when I make an error and translate outside an open TU, or try to copy/paste from an open TU...
I guess that some incorrect tags are introduced.

Two possibilities :
use Ctrl Z repeatedly (several dozens of times...) to undo the last modifications, and go back to a state before the error was introduced, then try to close the TU (if it still doesn't work,
... See more
I have encountered this type of problem several times with Trados 7.0 when working in Word.
This usually happens when I make an error and translate outside an open TU, or try to copy/paste from an open TU...
I guess that some incorrect tags are introduced.

Two possibilities :
use Ctrl Z repeatedly (several dozens of times...) to undo the last modifications, and go back to a state before the error was introduced, then try to close the TU (if it still doesn't work, go further back. Then reopen, and restart.

You may also kill Word without saving your work. When you restart, use "Translate to fuzzy" to recall your translated units from the TM.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS "LOCKED" (Mod: TU will not close)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »