Export TagEditor-text for use in MS Word (w/o tags?)
Thread poster: Andreas Miehling

Andreas Miehling
Sweden
Local time: 18:04
Swedish to German
+ ...
Feb 20, 2006

Hello!

Since I am not able to even activate the Word spelling checker plugin for TagEditor (7.1.0.719 build 720, Word 2000, Win 2000) - that generates a fatal error! -, I am looking for another way to check spelling and grammar of my TE-files with Word.

Is there for example any way to export the text into a Word-/textfile, excluding the tags? Or do you know another way how I can use Word for spellchecking?

Sorry if this is a beginners question. I'm new with Trados, and I just wasn't able to find such a simple function.

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use "Save target as..." function Feb 20, 2006

Go to the menu "File" and chose "Save target as..." (Datei - Zieltext speichern unter...)

HTH
Jerzy

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Copy and paste Feb 20, 2006

Select all in TagEditor, copy (might take a few seconds with large documents) and paste into a new Word document.

The spellchecker should skip the tags. If not, you can get rid of them by search and replace (search for the style of the tags and replace with nothing).

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:04
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
or replace with spaces Feb 21, 2006

I once replaced the tags with nothing and got lots of words and segments as "one word". The spellchecker didn't like it very much.

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Spaces Feb 21, 2006

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

I once replaced the tags with nothing and got lots of words and segments as "one word". The spellchecker didn't like it very much.

You are right, spaces are better.

Andreas Miehling
Sweden
Swedish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 22, 2006

Thanks for all your answers. "Save target as" won't do it because that only exports into sgml-format, but the idea of searching for the style of the tags and replacing that with spaces was very helpful!

Regards

Andreas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export TagEditor-text for use in MS Word (w/o tags?)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search