Fabio Scaliti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:02
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Feb 23, 2006

Hi everybody,

can anybody explain me why I get, say, 70% full matches and 30% no matches when I compare the TM stored from a previous analysis of 40 source files with the files I have to translate, and on the contrary I get 15% repetition, 30% full matches and 50% no matches when I analyse the same target files with a TM I have created by aligning the old source files and their correspondent translation?

I got this results after setting the "alignment penalty" at 0.
... See more
Hi everybody,

can anybody explain me why I get, say, 70% full matches and 30% no matches when I compare the TM stored from a previous analysis of 40 source files with the files I have to translate, and on the contrary I get 15% repetition, 30% full matches and 50% no matches when I analyse the same target files with a TM I have created by aligning the old source files and their correspondent translation?

I got this results after setting the "alignment penalty" at 0.

Thanks in advance,

Fabio
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Different segmentation Feb 23, 2006

Maybe because the TM from the analysis contains different segments than the aligned TM?

Fabio Scaliti
Fabio Scaliti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 23, 2006

Hynek Palatin wrote:

Maybe because the TM from the analysis contains different segments than the aligned TM?

Hi Hynek,

thanks for your quick reply. How can it be possible? The source and target files I aligned where almost perfect, that means I had to change very few "connections" in WinAlign, I never joined nor split any segments.

Am I forgetting something?

Fabio

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Penalty Feb 23, 2006

Hello,
for aligned TUs there is a penalty in the standard settings of Trados.

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados analysis differ between "previous TM" and aligned TM

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »