Can't close segment and start new
Thread poster: Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Local time: 20:51
Swedish to English
+ ...
Feb 25, 2006

I have Trados 7 and Word 2003 - I'm a Trados beginner.

Cannot close one segment and move on to next. Have tried shutting down everything, when I start up the program goes directly to the segment in question and tells me to close the segment.
The marker is always at the start of the sentence. Source is green/blue, target is yellow.

Would appreciate your help. Got up at 4.30 to work on this report - troubleshooting wasn't in my plan.

TIA
Cathe
... See more
I have Trados 7 and Word 2003 - I'm a Trados beginner.

Cannot close one segment and move on to next. Have tried shutting down everything, when I start up the program goes directly to the segment in question and tells me to close the segment.
The marker is always at the start of the sentence. Source is green/blue, target is yellow.

Would appreciate your help. Got up at 4.30 to work on this report - troubleshooting wasn't in my plan.

TIA
Catherine
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Try Fix Document Feb 25, 2006

Hi Catherine,
Which error message (if any) do you get when you attempt to close the segment?
Have you tried Fix Document (in the Trados menu in Word)?

Best regards,
Ralf

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:51
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
"Close without saving" (segment) - close/re-open TM Feb 25, 2006

Hi,

use the command "close without saving" (it'll close the segment), it should work, than close and re-open your TM.

The "problem" should be fixed.

This is the source/target combination when there is no match (or fuzzy only)

I hope this will solve the problem (can't think of anything else right now)

Giuliana

Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There are such things as angels! Feb 25, 2006

Miracle workers, geniuses, and just awfully nice people! Fix document - who knew! Worked like a charm!

Have a lovely weekend and zillions of thanks
Catherine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't close segment and start new

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »