MT in Word: How to automatically capture source term?
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 04:14
Spanish
+ ...
Feb 26, 2006

Hello,

I just upgraded MS-Word XP to 2003. I have Trados 6.5, Multiterm 6.2.0.287.

With the other version of Word I used to copy the target term and then highlight the source term and then click on 'Add entry' on the MT toolbar and the target term was already entered. It saved me a lot of time.

However, after with MS-Word 2003 this feature is disabled and it can't figure out how to enable it again.

Thanks.

Claudia

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:14
English to German
+ ...
Select a termbase Feb 27, 2006

Hi Claudia,

However, after with MS-Word 2003 this feature is disabled and it can't figure out how to enable it again.

What exactly do you mean by 'disabled'?

If the MultiTerm toolbar is missing, check if MultiTerm.dot (IIRC) is enabled (in Word: Tools - Templates and Add-ins). If it is not, copy the template to the Autostart folder in Word.

If the toolbar is there, but deactivated, perhaps you have not selected a termbase?

HTH, Ralf

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 04:14
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Toolbar Feb 27, 2006

Hello Ralf,

The MT toolbar is there and the Termbase is activated. But now, I have to copy both source and target terms manually on the Multiterm Quick Entry dialog when I click on 'Add term', whilst with my older version of Word I didn't have to copy the source term manually. It was captured automatically if I highlighted the term in the document before clicking on 'Add term'.

I uploaded a screen shot of the dialog. The term 'PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT' is highlighted but it's not copied to the 'Source term' field i the dialog, it used to be there automatically.

Edited: The link is not working so I better try it here: http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6361/mtscreenshot4lm.jpg

[Edited at 2006-02-27 05:01]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MT in Word: How to automatically capture source term?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search