Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 16:18
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Mar 10, 2006

I have two versions of (more or less) the same TermBase: the old one and the new one. In the new one I dared to make some changes to the target side, which ... ahem ... is a mortal sin to some, but how was I supposed to know - I thought correcting some horrible constructs would make the machine (it's instruction and service manual) less dangerous to human life...

Anyhow ... so I have to do some backpedalling.

Btw, I also have the old and the new TM of the stuff.... See more
I have two versions of (more or less) the same TermBase: the old one and the new one. In the new one I dared to make some changes to the target side, which ... ahem ... is a mortal sin to some, but how was I supposed to know - I thought correcting some horrible constructs would make the machine (it's instruction and service manual) less dangerous to human life...

Anyhow ... so I have to do some backpedalling.

Btw, I also have the old and the new TM of the stuff.

TiA

smo
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Export to RTF and compare documents Mar 10, 2006

Hi Vito,
You could export both termbases to RTF and compare the resulting documents...?

Best, Ralf

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks for helping me think;) Mar 10, 2006

You could export both termbases to RTF and compare the resulting documents...?

No. even better: I'll pretranslate the same German source text using the old and the new TermBase and THEN compare. That gets me the context and keeps unchanged stuff out of my - rare - hair.

Any more takers?

[after some more thinking]
actually, Rolf, what you suggested (mutatis mutandis) is the most sensible way: export the two into Excel (not RTF) and compare the entries rowwise, with the original language item as the key.

smo

[Edited at 2006-03-10 14:52]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I compare two TermBases

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »