Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Francisco Mar Rubio (X)  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 16:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 12, 2006

Hello everybody:

I just got a project in which I have to set the 100% Match Segments into Red, and the Fuzzy ones into Blue. I did it, but whereas I am translating (of course I correct the Fuzzy Ones to be a correct translation), I get all in Red. No blue to be seen! Am I doing something wrong???
Thanks a lot.
Still a Frus-TRADOS client!!

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:58
Spanish
+ ...
... Mar 12, 2006

Have you unchecked 'Update TM'?

Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry Mar 12, 2006

Sorry,
what to do mean by "unchecked Update TM"???

Thank you,
Francisco

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
opened/closed segments are assumed 100% Mar 13, 2006

Trados assumes that when you close the segment, it is a 100% match. So all your segments become red.
To keep a colour difference between initial 100% matches and fuzzies, pre-translate the text using the colours you wish, then revert colours to unchanged before starting working on your document. This way you keep the initial 100%/fuzzy colours.
Have a good day,
Philippe

Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No success Mar 13, 2006

Hello:

I did as you told me, but still I do not get anything in blue, since Trados Pre-Translated only what is 100%. It does not pre-translated the Fuzzies ones. So no blue at all.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,
Francisco

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Did you set the fuzzy match value in the Translate Window? Mar 13, 2006

What is the x value in the box "[x]% or higher match value"?
You may want to set the value to 60 or less.
Besides, if you didn't use the TM you started with, all segments that you have already translated will be in the TM and retrieved as 100%. In such case, you should use the original copy of your TM if you kept one. Otherwise, remove the recent translations from your TM (by date/time or other setting) before pretranslating, pretranslate, change colour settings to unchanged, clean y
... See more
What is the x value in the box "[x]% or higher match value"?
You may want to set the value to 60 or less.
Besides, if you didn't use the TM you started with, all segments that you have already translated will be in the TM and retrieved as 100%. In such case, you should use the original copy of your TM if you kept one. Otherwise, remove the recent translations from your TM (by date/time or other setting) before pretranslating, pretranslate, change colour settings to unchanged, clean your previously translated file to reenter your translated segments and start translating your original source doc.
Hope it makes sense. Before any segment (TU) removal from your TM, make sure you keep an uncleaned copy of your document!
Collapse

Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
YES!! Mar 13, 2006

Yes, it worked!!!
Thank you so much,
Francisco

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS: Colours set but only red appears

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »