https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/43715-problem_with_installation_and_license_file.html

Problem with installation and license file
Thread poster: Natasha Stoyanova
Natasha Stoyanova
Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:23
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Mar 13, 2006

Hi all!

Really hope some one can help me, as still no any response from the SDL/Trados support.
So, I downloaded SDL Trados 2006 and start unzipping according to the instructions. After finishing unzipping while start.exe have to be started I receive the following message:
C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose Close to terminate
the applications.
After that noth
... See more
Hi all!

Really hope some one can help me, as still no any response from the SDL/Trados support.
So, I downloaded SDL Trados 2006 and start unzipping according to the instructions. After finishing unzipping while start.exe have to be started I receive the following message:
C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose Close to terminate
the applications.
After that nothing happens and Welcome Page didn't appear.
I try to install Trados manually from the Setup, but new problem occurs with the downloaded license file.
It have a name "downloadlicense", but appears without extension .lic and of course was not recognized by the wizard while propted to select it.
Any suggestions will be very appreciated, thanks in advance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with installation and license file

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »