Thread poster: Johanne
Johanne
Johanne
Local time: 08:27
English to German
+ ...
Mar 21, 2006

Hello everyone,
I am using Trados 7 with Word and MT7 as a team edition. (Due to my problems I cannot give you any further information right now)
We are currrently having network problems and cannot connect to our MultiTerm-Server. Unfortunately, this means that I cannot open the Workbench either as I had TermRecognition activated when I last closed the application.
Does anyone know any workaround for opening the Workbench and deactivating the term recognition?
Any help
... See more
Hello everyone,
I am using Trados 7 with Word and MT7 as a team edition. (Due to my problems I cannot give you any further information right now)
We are currrently having network problems and cannot connect to our MultiTerm-Server. Unfortunately, this means that I cannot open the Workbench either as I had TermRecognition activated when I last closed the application.
Does anyone know any workaround for opening the Workbench and deactivating the term recognition?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Julie
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Deactivate term recognition Mar 21, 2006

Hi Julie (Johanne?),
Unfortunately, this means that I cannot open the Workbench either as I had TermRecognition activated when I last closed the application.

Why not?
Deactivate term recognition in Options.

HTH, Ralf

Johanne
Johanne
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But WB does not open Mar 21, 2006

Thanks Ralf
that was a very quick reply!!

Unfortunately, the WB does not open, I mean the entire program doesn't open, in fact, nothing happens when I click on it. Therefore, I can't get to the options part!
I also had some problems with Word because of this, but after I closed the "hung" version with the task manager and tried again, it asked me whether I wanted to de-activate the MultiTerm-Add-on, which I did and now it is working again.

Unfortunately, th
... See more
Thanks Ralf
that was a very quick reply!!

Unfortunately, the WB does not open, I mean the entire program doesn't open, in fact, nothing happens when I click on it. Therefore, I can't get to the options part!
I also had some problems with Word because of this, but after I closed the "hung" version with the task manager and tried again, it asked me whether I wanted to de-activate the MultiTerm-Add-on, which I did and now it is working again.

Unfortunately, though, WB does not ask me to de-activate Term Recognition and I was wondering whether there is a way to doing so without actually having the program open and running ?

Thanks
Julie
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
I don't think term recognition is your problem here... Mar 21, 2006

Hi again,

Unfortunately, the WB does not open, I mean the entire program doesn't open, in fact, nothing happens when I click on it.

Do you see the process (TW4Win.exe) in the Task Manager?

Unfortunately, though, WB does not ask me to de-activate Term Recognition and I was wondering whether there is a way to doing so without actually having the program open and running ?

I don't think term recognition is the problem - are your TMs also on a network drive? If yes, I'd say Workbench is trying to access the TM via the network.

Best regards,
Ralf

Johanne
Johanne
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes and no Mar 21, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,

Unfortunately, the WB does not open, I mean the entire program doesn't open, in fact, nothing happens when I click on it.

I actually see TW4Win.exe 5 times in the Task Manager. Is that a bad sign?

I don't think term recognition is the problem - are your TMs also on a network drive? If yes, I'd say Workbench is trying to access the TM via the network.

The TM are on a network drive, but not server-based. And the network drive there are on does not seem to be affected. My colleague is still working with it. I asked her to switch of TermRecognition, when my problems started and she does not seem to have any problems with WB (but can also not open MT)

THANK YOU RALF

Best regards,
Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TWB processes blocking each other Mar 21, 2006

Hi again,
Check the forum FAQ (link at the top) on how to use the quoting function.

I actually see TW4Win.exe 5 times in the Task Manager. Is that a bad sign?

Yup... time to restart your PC, I'd say. My best guess is that the first process you started has blocked some resources, which is why the others cannot start.

If you have a local TM, try starting Workbench by double-clicking on the .tmw file (after restarting Windows).

Good luck,
Ralf

Johanne
Johanne
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 21, 2006

Thank you Ralf,
while I was waiting for you reply, the workbench suddenly opened again! I turned off Term Recognition immediately and it seems to work okay. I had already re-started my computer a couple of times, which didn't do the trick this time (even though more often than not it does!)

I'll try to reopen the workbench as you suggested next time and see if that works!

Thanks for your advice
Julie/Johanne (same person)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening the Workbench without term recognition

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »